THE WORLD’S MOST NUTRITIOUS SNACK (Hemp Seed Energy Balls Recipe)
Is this the healthiest snack in the world? I think so. Hemp Seeds (Hearts) have all the essential amino acids, and the essential fatty acids that your body needs to live. And not only are these nutritious, they’re also super tasty, and really easy to make. Give it a shot and let me know what you think!
Hemp Seed Energy Balls Recipe
– 1 cup pitted dates (medjool is ideal, soak in warm water if not sticky)
– 1 cups Almonds
– ¼ cup Chia Seeds
– ½ cup hemp hearts
– ½ cup peanut butter
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– Pinch of sea salt
1. Add the dates and almonds to a food processor or blender and pulse/mix until you have the consistency of small chunks for the almonds and a paste of the dates. You may need to use a spatula to scrape the mixture off the sides and give it multiple pulses. Scoop that out into a mixing bowl.
2. To your mixing bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Everything should be evenly spread out and the mixture should be doughy and moist. If too dry, add a tbsp of coconut oil, or tbsp of non-dairy milk.
3. Scoop out balls with a Tablespoon and form into balls with your hands. You should get around 12 balls depending on how big or small you make them.
4. Sprinkle some extra hemp seeds over the balls and roll them in it. This will also make them less sticky to hold.
5. You can store them in the fridge for a week or the freezer for a month. But you’ll probably eat them before that.
Courtesy of Marlon Doll