What’s the Difference Between CBD Oil and Hemp Oil?
As sellers of Cannabidiol, CBD oil, Hemp oil, Cannabis Oil, Medical Cannabis Oil, Medical Hemp oil, we get a lot of queries from customers confused about the difference between cbd oil and hemp oil. So, what’s hemp oil, what’s CBD oil and how are they different from one another?
Let’s find out!
What’s CBD Oil?
CBD oil is nothing but cannabidiol oil.
CBD oil is essentially cannabis oil, except that it has a much higher concentration of cannabidiol. Cannabidiol is a naturally occurring component of hemp or industrial cannabis. It’s extracted from the flowers, stalks and leaves of hemp, while hemp oil is extracted from the seeds.
Here’s a look at some of the health benefits of CBD oil.
- #1: It can help in the treatment of a number of chronic ailments and inflammatory conditions.
- #2: It can help treat neurodegenerative disorders such as seizures and psychological disorders such as anxiety and depression.
- #3: It is used in cancer treatment to alleviate some of the pain of chemotherapy.
- #4: It can be used in the treatment of epilepsy.
What is CBD? In 60 Seconds (Cannabidiol)
CBD is short for Cannabidiol, a molecular compound that is a botanical extract of the industrial Hemp plant. Hemp is legally identified as a strain of cannabis that has 0.3% or less of THC. Hemp products are legal in all 50 states.
What is the EndoCannabinoid system? All mammals have an Endocannabinoid System. Much like the circulatory or respiratory system, the EndoCannabinoid System makes and regulates the Endo-Cannabinoids made by our bodies.
The cannabis plant has the highest concentration of Cannabinoids of any plant on our fine planet. In short, Cannabinoids promote cellular homeostasis, and are ESSENTIAL to the human diet. It has been shown that a host of neurological, inflammatory, and autoimmune conditions are linked to cannabinoid deficiency.
Do your research on what cbd is and draw your own conclusions. Let the third party testing and testimonials speak for themselves.
Courtesy of Carolina Hemp Company
What’s Hemp Oil?
Hemp oil is extracted from the seeds of the hemp plant.
Generally, only the industrial hemp plant is used for hemp oil. Hemp is produced industrially and has minimal psychoactive content. It is considered to be quite safe for use.
Hemp oil does not have much CBD. In fact, the CBD level in hemp oil is 25 parts per million, whereas that in CBD oil is 15%. This oil has very low traces of THC.
What are the benefits of Hemp Oil?
- #1: Hemp oil has high nutritional value. It is rich in Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids and in vitamin E. The high vitamin E content makes it very effective against free radicals that are known to cause cancer.
- #2: Hemp oil is an excellent moisturizer; it keeps the skin looking fresh and young. Apply it after a shower. It can be used to make soaps, lotions and a variety of beauty products.
- #3: Hemp oil is a great addition to any meal. It is used for cooking as it adds a crisp and somewhat nutty taste to a variety of dishes, such as salads. In fact, it can be used instead of olive oil for a great number of dishes.
- #4: Hemp oil can be used to produce eco-friendly paints, which does not harm the environment, unlike paints made from petroleum extracts.
Hemp Seed Oil and Its Beneficial Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Hemp seed oil offers unique nutritional components to health as a dietary supplement high in the hard to find omega-3 fatty acids, one of the best fats for reducing inflammation in the body. Most hemp oil’s are about 80% polyunsaturated fat, one of the highest of any plant, and provide a balanced 3:1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids.
Learn more about the oil and how to use it for optimal health benefits.
Courtesy of SuperfoodEvolution
The main difference between CBD oil and Hemp Oil is that the former is used mainly for medicinal purposes while the latter is used for cooking and manufacturing. They are both very useful in their own ways. You may want to have a look at the CBD Oil, Hemp Oil and Medicinal Hemp Oil available on our store.